I get this question all the time.
That’s why I shot this video.
This way you’ll have a link to direct people to, after they get their bags full of Chinese herbal medicines (recipes).
Ladies and gents, without further ado, here’s the video:
Herbal Recipes Preparation Procedure from Master Jiang on Vimeo.
… and here’s the video transcript :
1. Place the plants mix inside the recipient (slow cooker).
2. Cover it with water (room temperature water, approx. 4 glasses, 200 ml each)
2a. Leave it at room temperature water for 30 minutes
3. Turn the slow cooker ON. Choose the FAST speed boiling
3a. Leave it on FAST boiling until the water starts to boil
4. When water starts to boil, switch to SLOW boiling
5. Keep the SLOW boil for another 30 minutes OR until the water is reduced to the quantity of a glass (whichever comes first)
5a. Turn the slow cooker OFF
6. Collect the decoction, wait to cool it a bit and drink it
6a. Separate plants from decoction (so it becomes much more “drinkable” use a ceramic tea-strainer (preferably)
6b. Keep the plants inside the slow cooker (remember 1 package = 1 day))
7. Repeat steps 2-6 two more times (noon and evening)
*NO need for 30 min’s of cold water, turn it ON/FAST
** use 3 glasses of water at noon
*** use 2 glasses of water in the evening
**** use the same plant package!!!
7a. In the evening throw the plants away, wash the slow cooker for the next morning
NOTE: If the plants mix contain fresh plants (like ginger), keep it in the freezer (!)
Multumesc frumos, Aurelian! Asteptam u astfel de video de ceva vreme. Mersi inca odata. Toate bune.
Cool, very useful info! Thanks.